Tribal Ranches Program
Oversees Navajo Nation Ranch lands by administering and ensuring all Tribal Ranch regulations and lease agreements are in compliance with Navajo Nation Law. The Program also ensures that sufficient revenues are generated to pay taxes, land use fees, and the cost of administration, by assessing and ensuring grazing lease fees are paid in a timely manner.
The Navajo Nation (NN) Ranch Program (NNRP), Department of Agriculture (NNDA), Division of Natural Resources (NNDNR), invites all qualified NN enrolled members to bid on a NN Ranch Unit! With the support of the NN Council Resources Committee, the NNRP is offereing a competitive bid for twenty-seven (27) NN ranches, the highest bidder will ensue occupation.
The leasing of the Ranch Units is pursuant to the Navajo Nation Code, 3 N.N.C., 501-511 with the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be an enrolled member of the NN.
- Non-Navajos not eligibile.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Not eligible if have grazing permit (issued by NN, BIA, BLM within NN including ENA) with more than 75 sheep units.
- Allottees are eligible if they meet other requirements and they own less than a full interest in allottment of 160 acres.
- Must submit application and a proposed Ranch Management Plan to include acceptable livestock management and range conservation plans.
- Must demonstrate ability to pay the established fees and manage the land and livestock.
- Eligible to lease no more than 2 range units.
- Former leaseholders whose leases were terminated due to default shall not be eligible to reapply for ten years from the date of default.
All bidders must submit their bid with an Application and attachments. Recieve a copy of the Application at the following location:
- NNRP office within the NNDA building, NN Fairgrounds, Window Rock, AZ.
- Website https://www.agriculture.navajo-nsn.gov - see "NEWS" or Ranch tab.
- Other links - www.navajo-nsn.gov/govt.htm (see DNR listing - "Agriculture") or directly from the DNR website - www.dnr.navajo-nsn.gov (click on "Agriculture").
Sealed Application (one Application per Ranch Unit) with sealed bid (sealed bid within the sealed Application) are due Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 3:00 pm MST, at the NNRP office, NNDA building, NN Fairgrounds, Window Rock, AZ. No faxed or emailed bids accepted. Late submissions are non-responsive. Clearly mark your sealed bid - "NN Ranch Unit Bid - DO NOT OPEN" with a black marker. All questions regarding the bid must be submitted in writing to NNDA by email - email@example.com or at the NNDA office by January 6, 2009, 5:00 pm.
Non-mandatory Pre-Bid Conference is scheduled Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 5:00 pm. Non-mandatory Pre-Bid Conference is scheduled Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 9:00 am - 12:00 noon, Navajo Parks and Recreation (NPR) Conference Room, NPR Office Building, Window Rock, AZ. Bid opening is January 14, 2010. Bidders are responsible for all costs associated with the bid.